Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pilou42
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Re: Bose QC 35 II firmware 2.5.1 ANC is terrible

As moderators explained earlier, there's a big chance ANC has always been the same since the first QC35.

But since you asked for opinion, here's mine: It has been the same ANC since QC35 firmware 1.3.x. I didn't perceive changes with QC35 II. I just have doubt with original firmware 1.0.6 (QC 1). I really found it was magical but now I begin to think it was the same as 2.5.1 (QC 2) and my brain betrayed me.

pagefault
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

I have downgraded to 2.1.3 they are the best for ANC. There is something that happened in 2.2.1 or 2.5.1 that messed something up. Maybe that's why they say nothing happened in 2.5.1 a lot of people probably upgraded from whatever was on their headphones to 2.5.1 and got all the changes since then.

Can Bose confirm that there were changes to ANC in 2.2.1? Because that would explain this.

magictom1
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2018

Previous comment (by pagefault) may be on to something. My firmware before I upgraded was 2.0.1 (or something like that). I know because after upgrading to 2.5.1, I went to the online updated thingy and saw current firmware was 2.0.1 or whatever. No clue why I was never prompted to update until 2.5.1 came out as I checked regularly on the app.

That being said, I downgraded to 2.2.1 and my ANC is working great now. So I don’t think the issue was with that release. Maybe 2.3.1? Or as mentioned numerous times before, the problem lies in the Bluetooth update.

At a total loss as to why Bose can’t replicate and acknowledge this issue. But the repeated “we didn’t change anything, you’re all nuts, contact our support team” messages are driving me up the wall. Expected more from a company like this.
ShivamITF
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Thanks for the post. A lot of people said the downgrade did not work for them. You sure you noticed a change ?

ShivamITF
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Hi, when they replaced your headset, which firmware was it on ?

Thanks.

ShivamITF
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Hi, did you find a solution yet ? Thanks.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi there,

Thank you all for sharing your concerns.  We can confirm that there were no changes made to the ANC in the 2.5.1 update.  If you feel that there is an issue with your headset we'd encourage you to reach out to your local support, you can use this link. Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  

I am also including a link HERE to a post that discusses troubleshooting steps that you can take for ANC related issues.

We hope you're all doing well,

Shiloh 

mdewes
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

I just downgraded to 2.1.3 from 2.5.1 and the ANC did not change at all. So I guess it's worth a shot to try it, however, it didn't work for me.
ShivamITF
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Thanks, i tried downgrading. It stops in the mid of it. Anyways taking it back to the store.

Bobben
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Here's my experience.

1.  Bought a new pair of QC 35 II's.... They worked great, for about 1 day.

2.  Installed Bose Connect app... immediately notice more static hiss after ugrade to the current version firmware.

3.  Called customer support, they sent me a new set of QC35 II's, and I shipped back the 'bad' ones.

4.  New QC 35II's worked great for about a week

5.  Notice a few bluetooth dropouts and reduced range compared to the first set.

6.  Decided to upgrade the firmware to see if that fixed things, and so upgraded to the current version firmware.

7.  As soon as I powered on, I noticed the same hiss.

8.  Quick Google search brought me to this thread /sigh.

9.  Tried to downgrade on btu.bose.com, but I dont see an option to select an older firmware version.  I figured this out, you have to press A D V up_arrow down_arrow to be able to downgrade.  Unfortunately, I dont see a version older than 2.1.3 on the page.  If you're having problems performing the downgrade, I found a useful video on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koKEqsG-Rz8&vl=en  

10.  The downgrade to 2.1.3 doesn't seem to have helped, but I'm taking a trip in a week and will bring both my QC35s (factory original firmware) and QC35ii's ith the 2.1.3 firmware.  I will report back soon on my thoughts, but I suspect I'll be returning these 35II's for a new pair that I won't touch the firmware on.

BOSE - THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE AUDIO COMPARED TO AN OLDER VERSION OF THE FIRMWARE.  The changes may not have occured in the 2.5.1 release, but my unit (which was manufactured in October 2017) sounded great right up until the point I iupgraded the firmware.  Before stating on the forums (yet again) that nothing is wrong, please pull a set of headphones with the same manufacture date, and try the upgrade yourself.  There is definitely more hiss / less "pressure" feeling after upgrade than before.  I'm very disappointed of this issue with the QC35II's - I never had a single problem with my QC35's

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.