Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grimlock
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

My Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones Won't Stay Connected

Hello

I know how busy you all are so I'll keep it brief.

A couple of years ago I was given a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 35 as part of buying a car. Sadly, the box and all are gone. The issue I'm having is that I recently bought a new computer. 

HP Slimline Desktop-290-a0009

The computer I had before this one was an HP All-In-One desktop. I paired my headphones and they worked just fine. With my new computer I'm having difficulty keeping them connected. I have provided a screenshot of what the Bluetooth settings screen looks like when I connect them I purposely clicked to bring up the 'Disconnect' button to show that they're connected.

When I first connected them to my computer the sound was low quality and low volume. I thought it was a problem with Youtube. Turns out that all I had to do was turn up the volume on the phones themselves. It was fine until I turned them off and turned them on later on. They were back to the bad quality and volume again.

In frustration, I completely removed the phones altogether and performed a fresh and new connection. After I did so, I cranked up the volume and it was perfect. When I was done listening, I turned them off. The problem was when I turned them back on to listen to more videos, the sound and quality was poor and low volume again, but this time, it wouldn't let me turn up the volume that is on the phones itself like I did earlier. I found myself having to completely disconnect them and start a fresh connection again. In the screenshot you will see 'Connected voice, music. On my previous computer, I never noticed a 'Voice' display. It seems to keep connecting to voice only after I turn them off and then on again. I do hope you can help me.

Sincerely,

Jason W

BOSE.png

7 REPLIES 7
Charlotte_G

Re: My Quiet Comfort 35 Headphones Won't Stay Connected

Hi Jason, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulty with the Bluetooth connection from your QC35 II to your computer.

Are you have any problems connecting to alternative devices at the moment, such as your mobile phone?

When you are establishing a new connection, are you also clearing the pairing list on the headphones? If not, please hold the Power/Bluetooth switch in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then also delete the headphones from your computer's Bluetooth device list. 

In addition to this, I would recommend that you check for any available firmware updates. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer and follow the instructions.

Please let me know how you get on with these steps.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Grimlock
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Hello Charlotte_G

Thank you for your reply. I did what you wanted me to correctly I think.

1. I held the button on the phones until I got the message telling me that everything has been cleared and it was ready to pair.

2. I disconnected the Bose related stuff from my Bluetooth settings.

3. I downloaded and ran the updater you showed me. Oddly enough no icon showed up on the system tray alongside my other icons. (Chrome,Firefox,Revo, etc.) 

4. I checked my installed apps in my control panel and it was there.

5. I clicked on the little arrow at the bottom and it showed the Bose update icon. I right clicked on it,

and as you will see in the screenshot, there's a check mark there. This lead me to believe that I need to restart my computer to trigger the update process.

6. After doing so, nothing is happening to indicate that it was updated correctly. Did I do something wrong?

BOSE SYSTRAYICON.png

Charlotte_G

Hi Jason,

Thank you for performing this steps!

At step 2, did you delete the entries from your computer to forget the device, or did you simply disconnect? Please delete the entries if not!

For the updater program, could you please launch the Bose Updater webpage and continue. 

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Grimlock
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Hi Charlotte_G

Okay.

Everything Bose related was removed from my Bluetooth settings. The update was also successful. How do I proceed?

Charlotte_G

Hello Jason,

Before connecting, I would recommend that you take a look at this thread Computer Related Informational Post as connection processes can vary between different computers.

Then, make the connection and test the audio quality and behavior to see if there have been any improvements.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Grimlock
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Let me begin by saying how much I appreciate your patience. I am no Bill Gates at the keyboard. I only recently got this computer and much of the terminology I don't understand. Below is a link to my specific model with possible updates, but it's all German to me. I've never even heard of half this stuff. I'm so embarrassed taking up your time with this. You have no idea.

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-slim-290-a0000-desktop-pc-series/19390529

Grimlock
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

My apologies. I forgot to say that that they were working until I turned them off and on again. Below is a screenshot of what I believe is right.

BOSEPAIRED.png