cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Feature Requests

Hi @jmkubler,

Thanks for joining us in the Hearphones Community. It sounds like you're finding them useful.

You wrote: "I would like to see the selected mode at all times on the main screen (which shows the World Volume and Treble adjustments."

Thanks for the suggestion.

ST

Joss
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2017

I purchased the Hearphones and loved them.  I have tinnitus and in noisy settings (restaurants and the like) have great difficulty tracking conversations.  The Hearphones were superb when I used them in a rather noisy restaurant.  I was able to hear my kids talking and understand thire dialogue as it went back and forth among them.  What a delight!  I'd like to use them in classroom settings and wonder if there is a way to record lectures through the device.  I am also keen to learn if Bose intends to release a truly wireless device where the earbuds are not attached to the microphone worn around the neck.   (Sadly, because of the less-than-discrete appearance of the Hearphones I returned them.)  I'm on the fence, though and am reconsidering purchasing them.   Indeed, I'm tired of missing out on the conversations I once enjoyed.  Oh, why oh why did I listen to Led Zeppelin so loudly when they first arrived on the scene...

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Joss,

Thanks for joining us in the Bose Hearphones Community.

It's great to hear how well Hearphones work for you. I understand how you find them to be less-than-discrete. For me, the benefits overcome my occasional reservations about the appearance. My family and friends understand why I wear them. I'll presume they appreciate that I can take a more active role in conversations again.  I certainly appreciate being able to hear them. 

I have worn my Hearphones in classroom settings and found them helpful.  You can't record the sound as you hear it in the Hearphones. However, if you record the class and play it back through your phone, you can use the Bluetooth Boost feature to enhance the recording. That may help. How well that will work will depend on the quality of the recording.

You wrote: "I am also keen to learn if Bose intends to release a truly wireless device where the earbuds are not attached to the microphone worn around the neck."

We're always working on something, but we never comment on products that may be in development. I'm sure you'll understand why.

Has this helped with your decision?

ST

RLCHURCH
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

1.  I am having difficulty with the earbuds.  Small earbuds don't stay seated and medium earbuds cause my ears to get sore in a few hours.  Custom earbuds are commerically available for other products.  If Bose doesn't see this as a business, a relationship with a custom shop would provide we "hard to fit" with additional options.  

2.  Many bluetooth transmitters cannot be renamed at the source.  Being able to do so on the app would allow naming that is more intuitive than WOOW! BTC005  

3.  I'll second the suggestion of allowing more access to the signal processing particularly "world volume" It would be beneficial to be able to separately control amplification of the signal and supression of the noise.  

4.  Type C USB plugs do not have an "up" or "down" which would make recharging easier.  It also supports rapid charging and as others have pointed out, running out of battery charge can be an issue.  

RLCHURCH
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

I want to circle back to this forum with a specific very important request.   While I am very happy with my Hearphones overall, yesterday I went to a noisy restaurant with a friend.  To actually hear my friend in the restuarant I had to turn World Volume quite a bit above zero. I already had the unit on focused directivity.  AT this setting as I understand it, background noise is actually amplified too.  That's in my mind defeating the purpose of the Hearphone.  I'd really like to have independent control over boosting a specific signal and active cancellation of all other sound.  

lkingston
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

I’d love to be able to sum the World mic inputs to mono and have them play in both ears.  My right ear is pretty good but my left ear hears no highs.  A mono option would really help me with speech intelligibility coming from the left side.

lkingston
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7.  I want to be able to do on my Hearphones what I can do on my phone:

http://www.techradar.com/how-to/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/how-to-instantly-improve-your...

I already use this and it works wonderfully well on the Bluetooth audio.  Putting this into the Hearphones instead would allow the improvements to also exist on the ambient World sound.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for your feature requests and recommendations. We are listening to everything you share with us here.

Sincerely,

ST

emich
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 17, 2017

Deleted duplicate post.

emich
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 17, 2017