cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Thank you for your interest in Bose Hearphones. This Community board has been archived. If you are in need of assistance for your Bose Hearphones, you can find Troubleshooting, How To’s and options to Repair or Replace here. For direct assistance, click here. Thanks!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lip
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Hearphones volume when receiving call on iphone (and listening to music or podcast) much too LOUD!

If, while using my Hearphones to hear a podcast or music at normal volume, somebody calls my iphone 11, the sound volume (ringtone) is DEAFENING! What can I do (besides setting the phone at "do not disturb)?

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Re: Hearphones volume when receiving call on iphone (and listening to music or podcast) much too ...

Hey there @Lip,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm sorry to hear of this issue you are experiencing with your headphones and will be more than happy to help! 

Can you tell me if you are experiencing this issue with a different source device? This will help to determine if the issue is exclusive to your iPhone 11. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Lip
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Re: Hearphones volume when receiving call on iphone (and listening to music or podcast) much too ...

Thanks for your reply, where you ask "Can you tell me if you are experiencing this issue with a different source device? This will help to determine if the issue is exclusive to your iPhone 11." The answer is yes, in that I just tried connecting my Bose Hear to my wife's iPhone 8 and then - while listening to a podcast at normal volume on that - called that phone (using my 11) and the volume of the incoming call was not nearly as loud/deafening as was the case when I got a call when listening to a podcast on the 11. So, now that you know the issue seems "exclusive" to the iPhone 11 Pro, can you HELP?? Thanks, Lip

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Lip. 

Have you attempted to use your iPhone with any other Bluetooth devices to see if the same issue occurs? The reason I ask is due to there being a few threads on the Apple forums about this being an issue. 

Have you attempted to adjust the level of the notifications? This can be done on the device by going to Settings> Sounds> Ringer and Alerts > then adjust the volume slider. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!