Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huffinstuf
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2019

Lifestyle 650 Bass speaker not working

Recently I noticed my Bass speaker was not working, I went through set up and powering everything off and on.

After checking the LED's it advised there was an issue with the Firmware, I sent it back to Bose and received it back. Now after a couple of days it is not working again and will have to send back.

First I had a OmniJewel speaker not working out of the box, and now the rear speaker not working.

All in the space of less than a year, very disappointing Bose, I had my LS18 for 15 years without an issue and that was a third of the costly the LS650.

I think this will be the last time I buy a Bose.

2 REPLIES 2
Brycepatrick
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: Lifestyle 650 Bass speaker not working

Thank you for posting.  We are all excited that you purchased the award winning Bose LS 650.  Bose designed the Lifestyle 650 home entertainment system to be beautiful in every way. Acoustics. Aesthetics. Craftsmanship. Simplicity. For your movies and music, it’s the most uncompromising 5-speaker home theater system Bose has ever made.  Bose has a long history of creating big sound from small packages, which you obviously can attest to as you have owned the provocative LS18 for 15 perfect sound years. With the ALL NEW (2016) OmniJewel satellite speakers—even smaller than the Jewel Cube speakers, which are also available for this system—Bose is rewriting that history with a new chapter on elegance. Each of these tiny speakers features a carefully milled aluminum housing with two acoustic enclosures for dual-opposing drivers. This is the key to creating Bose's first omnidirectional speaker for true 360-degree sound and a more spacious home theater experience. It took a team of 30 wonderful and extraordinary people to perfect every last detail, ensuring the acoustics would work with the aesthetics. And the rear speakers? Wireless (except for the 12' speaker wire and the 12" power box, and then the power cord) besides that completely wireless*.  

We thank you for purchasing Bose's greatest Lifestyle system on earth.  BTW, I have one too.  

Please reconsider buying Bose again and again, and in approximately 10-15 years Bose will incorporate State of the Art Dolby Atmos.  Thanks for your post, let us know if we can be of any more help to you.

again Congrats on the new system!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Charlotte_G

Re: Lifestyle 650 Bass speaker not working

Hello huffinstuf,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced some issues with your Lifestyle 650 system. 

Are you having the exact same problem or is there a different problem with the Bass Module?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!