Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E88cab125i
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

amp bose output

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name lifestyle 48

Country uk

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

i want to power my front bang and olufsen rl 140s via an amp from my bose lifestyle 48

then power the rears with another amp to feed my bang and olufsen rl 60.2 speakers

hows it best connecting them?

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) living room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? today

Any troubleshooting steps you took

connecting the lower 60.2 speakers the bose runs out of power,hence need a external amp

9 REPLIES 9
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: amp bose output

@E88cab125i wrote:

Bose product name lifestyle 48

Country uk

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

i want to power my front bang and olufsen rl 140s via an amp from my bose lifestyle 48

then power the rears with another amp to feed my bang and olufsen rl 60.2 speakers

hows it best connecting them?

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) living room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? today

Any troubleshooting steps you took

connecting the lower 60.2 speakers the bose runs out of power,hence need a external amp

The Lifestyle 48 isn't designed to work with other speakers. The AV48 receiver does have audio outs on the back of it. So there is a chance you could connect it that way, though there is a very good chance you would have audio delay issues between the Lifestyle speakers and the B&O system.

Why are you planning on keeping the AV48 receiver connected? Is it for Music? If it's because you want to use another receiver for your HDTV, I made a guide to help show people how to connect a Lifestyle DVD system to 4K devices. Depending on your subwoofer you could even upgrade your receiver.

Let us know what your plan is and why you want to keep the AV48 connected 🙂

E88cab125i
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

i love the bass of my lifestyle 48

the depth of my new speakers is so much better,it just needs more power

E88cab125i
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

i use my system as an all in 1 unit

music

youtube

films

tv

etc etc

E88cab125i
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

i now plan on running 140s for front and 60.2s for the rears

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@E88cab125i wrote:

i love the bass of my lifestyle 48

the depth of my new speakers is so much better,it just needs more power

@E88cab125i wrote:

i use my system as an all in 1 unit : music, youtube, films, tv, etc etc

@E88cab125i wrote:

i now plan on running 140s for front and 60.2s for the rears

It's either or really. Either you want to use the Bose system or you want to use the B&O system. They should not be put together in one room.

Your lifestyle system is designed specifically to be an all-in-one system and not to be used with other speakers in the main room

I will also point out there there is a VERY good chance that there will be audio delay issues between the Lifestyle system and the B&O system. Also if you go for the suggestion below, you would require you to use two remotes to control the volume on both the Lifestyle & B&O speakers. 

So this is a workaround that I believe will cause more headaches than it is worth. So I will say do not go for the recommendation I will suggest below. Your Lifestyle receiver and speakers are a self-contained system and your B&O amp & speakers are another self-contained system.

If you still want to go ahead and try this out it should be simple as the AV48 receiver has Audio out connections on the back that you would connect to either the Digital Coax or Optical inputs on your amp.

AV18 / AV38 / AV48 receiverAV18 / AV38 / AV48 receiver

But if you want more power I would just replace the Bose system with the B&O or at the very least upgrade its receiver as I mentioned in my earlier post.

E88cab125i
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

keeping my 48 system allows me to use it as an all in 1 sollution.

heres my av showing connections

s-l1600.jpg

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@E88cab125i wrote:

keeping my 48 system allows me to use it as an all in 1 sollution.

heres my av showing connections

It looks like that Onkyo (?) receiver is as old as the AV48 but that Onkyo (?) receiver has more connections on the back. Why not just connect all your devices to it directly?

I still don't think it is a good idea to have two self-contained systems working together with the same TV for the reasons I stated above. But you now should know how to connect them if that is what you are going to do.

E88cab125i
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2020

output from the bose will go to the more powerfull yamaha 6 ch amp

every speaker can be controlled independantly

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@E88cab125i wrote:

output from the bose will go to the more powerfull yamaha 6 ch amp

every speaker can be controlled independantly

I hope my questions don't come off poorly in any way, but I just don't understand why you want to mix in two independent receivers in one room with (I'm guessing) a single TV.

With audio delay issues and the requirement to use two remotes to control the volume, I really don't see why you don't just replace the Lifestyle 48 with Your Yamaha/B&O system. Especially since you have talked so much about how you prefer the B&O sound in another post and apparently you like the features present on the Yamaha receiver. 

If you only wish to keep the AV48 for Music, then you can still do that, but you should only use it for that and disconnect the subwoofer and speakers to only use it as a jukebox.

You can see if your subwoofer supports the far superior AV35 receiver or if not you can just purchase another AV18/38/48 receiver or the LSPS III subwoofer to use with an AV35 on eBay. That or sell the speakers and subwoofer on eBay or give them to a family member or a friend and let them know what they need to purchase to make it work.

p.s. What's the model of the Yamaha receiver btw encase anyone in the future reads this and wants to know.