Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raydenBose
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Party Mode Only Plays Sounds from One Speaker

Hi,

I have 2 Bose Revolve Speakers with Firmware 1.3.3 and using Bose Connect App Version 5.2.1 using Samsung S8+ phone.  I'm able to pair the speakers in party mode but only 1 speaker produces sounds (the speaker which is the first one I connected to with my phone) .  I have tried both clearing the Bluetooth devices cache in both speakers and also connecting them manually.  But it always only plays from 1 speaker.  Although connecting them in stero mode works perfectly fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raydenBose
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Re: Party Mode Only Plays Sounds from One Speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by raydenBose

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for all the reply and the suggestions!

I have finally discovered how to fix the issue.  I has something to do with my S8+ Bluetooth connection.  The party mode somehow does now work if I have another device connected with my phone.  I have a smart watch connected to my phone using bluetooth.  If disconnect my smart watch, the party mode works.  Sound plays on both speakers.  But if it is connected, party mode only plays in one speaker. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello there, RaydenBose!

Thank you for reaching out to the community. I appreciate the great detail you have used in the post, this is very helpful. Let's try a few things. 

Can we try resetting both Revolve speakers? I have the step below:

• Unplug the speaker from power and turn it on. The battery must be charged to do this.
  • Press and hold the Multi Function Button for 10 seconds.
  • Release and try the speaker again.

Also, is it possible to test Party/Stereo with another mobile device? 

Let me know how everything goes when you get the chance!

Thanks again,

Mohsin

raydenBose
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried the steps you have suggested on resetting the speakers.  But it still same results for my S8+ phone.

I have tried using an Ipad mini and it was able to run party mode on both speakers though.  I am now thinking that this is an issue with the android version of the Bose Connect.

Regards,

Raymund 

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello Raymund,

Thank you for getting back with the update. Just to clarify, you can initiate Party mode without the Connect app. Can you confirm you're paired with one Revolve speaker and pressed the Bluetooth and Volume up button simultaneously? Sorry, if you have already tried this, I just wanted to be sure we covered everything!

Thank you,

Mohsin

raydenBose
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

Yes, I've also tried connecting to one of the speakers using my S8+ phone and then initiating the party mode through the same speaker without the Connect app but the sound always just comes from one speaker.

Regards,

Raymund

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello Raymund,

Thank you for the update. Have you tried reversing the order of the speakers? Just to confirm that Party mode will not work regardless of which speaker is the master. 

Thank you again!

Mohsin

raydenBose
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

Yes, I have tried it.  Which ever speaker that is connected to my phone is the only one that has the sounds.

Regards,

Raymund

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello Raymund,

Thank you again for getting back. That is interesting. And just to confirm once more, you have recently tried Party/Stereo on your iPad Mini and succeeded with the Connect app and manually? Just trying to narrow this down. I was testing this set up on my Android device and confirmed that both modes work(through the app and manually). 

Another thing you can try if you have not already is to remove and re-install the Bose Connect app on your Samsung phone. Would you be willing to try and let me know your findings?

Thank you,

Mohsin

raydenBose
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by raydenBose

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for all the reply and the suggestions!

I have finally discovered how to fix the issue.  I has something to do with my S8+ Bluetooth connection.  The party mode somehow does now work if I have another device connected with my phone.  I have a smart watch connected to my phone using bluetooth.  If disconnect my smart watch, the party mode works.  Sound plays on both speakers.  But if it is connected, party mode only plays in one speaker. 

View solution in original post

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hey Raymund!

That is great to hear and thank you for coming back with the update. This will certainly be helpful for the community as well. 

I shall close this thread so it will be easier for our users to locate. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin