Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Foady
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Boss GT-10 to S1 Pro to Mackie DL1608

Hi all. Question.
Just bought an S1pro. Want to try to use as a guitar monitor/amp direct from my boss gt10 guitar modeller on stage, then use DI out to the MackieDL1608 mixer then into my 2 L1 Model2s which I will use as front of house for some gigs where we really need to crank them up (4 piece rock covers band).  

In some venues the drums are overpowering everything and can’t beat the feedback from mics on stage once we start getting above a certain level.   Most venues is fine, but want to try this as an option.  

Did a test today, but seems like the DI signal strength is directly linked to volume on S1 input? If I want to do this do I have to stay at a set level and forget volume on the s1, so I cant manually tweak during a show without messing up FoH signal going into mixer?

open to ideas. Aware I can try aux out mix from main mixer to s1 and solve it that way, but wanted to know if there is a way I can use the s1 to hear just my guitar (as if I had my trusty Marshall behind me in the old days..). 

anyone know if you can seperate or fix Di signal from individual volumes?

2 REPLIES 2
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Boss GT-10 to S1 Pro to Mackie DL1608

Hi Foady,

Thanks for the interesting question.

The short answer is, the S1 Pro Line Out is post-fader (controlled by the volume and tone controls - combining all inputs, channels 1&2, Aux input, and Bluetooth).

Foady posted:

Hi all. Question.
Just bought an S1pro.

Great, congratulations.

Want to try to use as a guitar monitor/amp direct from my boss gt10 guitar modeller on stage, then use DI out to the MackieDL1608 mixer then into my 2 L1 Model 2s which I will use as front of house for some gigs where we really need to crank them up (4 piece rock covers band).  

In some venues the drums are overpowering everything and can’t beat the feedback from mics on stage once we start getting above a certain level.   Most venues is fine, but want to try this as an option.  

If you put the S1 Pro on the floor, try both the tilt-back and horizontal orientations.

The EQ is optimized for monitoring when the S1 Pro is in the horizontal orientation and will give you a more focused horizontal dispersion (50 degrees). 

The tilt-back position gives you wider horizontal dispersion (120 degrees).

If you're competing with a loud stage consider putting the S1 Pro on a short speaker stand to get it closer to your ears.

Did a test today, but seems like the DI signal strength is directly linked to volume on S1 input? If I want to do this do I have to stay at a set level and forget volume on the s1, so I cant manually tweak during a show without messing up FoH signal going into mixer?

Anything you do on the S1 Pro (volume, tone, reverb) will flow through to the S1 Pro Line Out.

open to ideas.

You could try connecting the GT-10 headphone output to the S1 Pro Aux input (not channels 1 or 2).

You could try using the Effects Loop Send. You'll have to read page 132 of the owner's manual to sort out the routing.

Aware I can try aux out mix from main mixer to s1 and solve it that way, but wanted to know if there is a way I can use the s1 to hear just my guitar (as if I had my trusty Marshall behind me in the old days..). 

On the Mackie DL1608, you should be able to route the guitar input to both the main outputs and one of the other outputs of the Mackie DL1608. (I'll leave that to you to read throught the Mackie DL160 manual).

Then take that guitar only output and connect it to the the S1 Pro.

anyone know if you can seperate or fix Di signal from individual volumes?

Sorry, the S1 Pro Line Out is post-fader (controlled by the volume and tone controls - combining all inputs, channels 1&2, Aux input, and Bluetooth).

I hope some of the other ideas work out for you.

ST

Foady
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Re: Boss GT-10 to S1 Pro to Mackie DL1608

Thanks very much. Good to know it’s only post fader, I’ll give the headphone socket idea a go, Failing that either stick with a level, or go via aux out of mixer and back to S1.