Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MGTBOSE001
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

How to connect two s1 speakers together

how do I a) mirror the sound from one across (mono) for input instruments/voice and/or b) create a stereo soundstage for the Bluetooth channel for music from a laptop, iPad , iPhone ? 

Manybthanks as always. 

2 REPLIES 2
Ric1
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: How to connect two s1 speakers together

The Bose Connect app will work for the BlueTooth, as long as your Bose software is up to date. You need a good USB data cable Charge & Sync) to download from your computer to your Bose S1 Pro. I use a Behringer Xenix 1002B battery powered mixer to send signal to multiple powered cabinets with great success:

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: How to connect two s1 speakers together

Hi MGT,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.  I'm glad you're here.

MGT posted:

how do I a) mirror the sound from one across (mono) for input instruments/voice and/or b) create a stereo soundstage for the Bluetooth channel for music from a laptop, iPad , iPhone ? 

Manybthanks as always. 

You need a mixer of to do what you've described. Otherwise, you can't get the mono sound to both S1 Pro systems without making the Bluetooth stereo => mono on the second S1 Pro.

To get stereo over Bluetooth, you'll need to run the Bose Connect app on the iPad or iPhone. Note:  If you are using a laptop - you won't be able to use the Bose Connect app for Bluetooth stereo. The Bose Connect app only runs on IOS and Android, not Windows or MacOS. Let's assume you'll use your iPad or iPhone for stereo Bluetooth.

If you got your S1 Pro system lately, you won't need to update them to work with the Bose Connect app to run stereo.

Visit the Bose Updater site to find out if your firmware is up to date (and update it if it isn't). 

Running Bluetooth stereo is straightforward. Then you can think about getting instruments and vocal in both S1 Pro systems. For that you can run a 1/4" (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable from the Line Out from one S1 Pro to one of the inputs on the second S1 Pro. That will work except that you'll be sending one side of the stereo (e.g. LEFT) to other S1 Pro (playing RIGHT) - so you'll end up with Left on the first S1 Pro and Left+Right (mono) on the other S1 Pro.

That's why you'd need a mixer. And at that point, I'd connect the stereo output from the laptop to the mixer, along with the instruments and vocals. Run the Left and Right outputs from the mixer to the two S1 Pro system (Left to one, Right to the other). Then pan the signals wherever you need the sound to be.

Does that help?

ST