Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

S1 Pro while waiting for the Bose Backpack

I noticed a funny coincidence. The dimensions of the S1 Pro are almost the same as the original Apple MacIntosh.

S1 Pro system 13.0" H x 9.5" W x 11.2" D Wt 14.5 lbs $2,495 ($6,071-2018)

MacIntosh       13.6" H x 9.6" W x 10.9" D  Wt 16.5 pounds $599

It was a happy similarity for me. I have a great padded bag with carrying handle and shoulder strap.

S1 Pro in MacIntosh bag2

S1 Pro in MacIntosh bag1

It'll do fine until the Bose S1 Pro Backpack is available.

ST

14 REPLIES 14
Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Re: S1 Pro while waiting for the Bose Backpack

Hi ST,

you rarely fail to surprise me with what you manage to "find in dark corners" at home. This one reminds me of the oscilloscope case for your Kemper at the beginning. You appear to have switched from Macintosh to Windows at some time. Most people go in the other direction.

Cheers from Germany

Tony

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tony,

The case from a portable computer (same vintage as the MacIntosh) fits better.

I prefer the vertical orientation. It's easier to get the S1 Pro in and out because the handle is on top.

I've used this case and the one shown above for many different things over the years. I think the S1 Pro may be my favourite.

ST

Seagullman
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Hi ST,

I'd also find the vertical placement of the S1 Pro better for exactly the same reason. It seems you've also got a bit of space for the odd thing (cable etc.) at the side. When doing that you might want to think about something to go against the speaker enclosure to prevent scratching (maybe a small sheet of plastic which you put in after the Si Pro is safely in place. Just a thought.

Regarding the S1 Pro + the Kemper Profiler, I'm sure that you'll try it at some time or other and give us a report/review of the combination somewhere or other. I look forward to reading that.

Tony

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tony,

There is room for the Boss GT-1 in the bag with the S1 Pro, but not enough room to put anything between them. Not even a piece of thin, dense foam. I have another carrying solution for that piece anyway.

It's a padded bag that's a perfect fit for the Boss GT-1, cables, power supply, spare batteries, and my microphone.  It looks like I'll have to come up with another carrying solution for a T1 or T4S, power supply, microphone, and cables to work with the S1 Pro.  

About the S1 Pro + Kemper Profiler, here's a teaser I wrote last week.

S1 Pro system with Guitar Amp Modellers

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

As soon as there are more details, I'll post them here.

UPDATE - See S1 Pro Backpack announcement!

Steelasophical_
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

Steelasophical uses the Accu-Case Asc-ac-125 Ac125 DJ Lighting Soft Gig Carry Bag Padded Protection Case. 

Does anyone know if/how its possible to purchase the dust cover?

Case for Bose S1 Pro

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

To start, I wanted to be clear that this post is not intended to detract from the soon to be released Bose S1 backpack. I just stumbled across this “bag” at my local (I’m in the US) office supply store (Office Max, but I see it available in various online stores as well) that was on sale ($99) and it looked like an interesting option to consider as a carrying case for a S1.

The bag is an Ativa Mobile Workmate rolling briefcase that is intended for mobile office workers to carry file folders, a laptop computer, and a variety of other office supply stuff. The dimensions for this model are 14x14.25x14.25 inches (height, width, depth).

It certainly is way bulkier and less padded than the Bose backpack, but I was interested in carrying several other items of my equipment along with the S1 to reduce back and forth trips when setting up for a gig.

Turns out a S1 fits in it quite well vertically, as well as a nice array of my other equipment such as: a Behringer 1202FX mixer with its power supply, 2 Shure SM58A Beta mics with cables, cables to connect the S1 to the mixer, and various other guitar pedals or patch cables. Rather than ramble on, I’ll attach some pictures to illustrate more details.

Overall bag with roller handle retracted. There are carrying handles on top and the sides.

Ativa bag

Inside the bag with the S1, my Behringer mixer (in a padded computer sleeve), cables, mics etc. Note top lid has a variety of pockets to hold stuff and the zippered pockets on each side nicely hold 20-25 foot mic cables. There is another zippered section on the outside front of the bag that holds additional items such as cell phones, business cards, pens etc.

Bag contents

Bag has rollers and can be easily transported by extending the handle. Furthermore, the handle extends fairly high which allows you to place other lightweight items on top for additional carrying possibilities.

CDA9695E

Tim-MK
Collaborator
Registered since

May 30, 2018

On that Workmate, how good are the wheels, not too small?

but looks useful, thanks for posting

Guitargal581
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Awesome find!