Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard3
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Wireless Guitar Systems, what do you use?

Wireless guitar system is great. Which one do you use? 

14 REPLIES 14
Ocheye
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 26, 2018

Re: Wireless Guitar Systems, what do you use?

I use a dual wireless mic and guitar set up which is brilliant but it is mains powered which rather defeats the object with the S1 Pro.  Can anyone suggest a way I could use it with an auxiliary battery power supply?

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

RE Guitar wireless that I use - Xvive U2.  Not the most high end, but for our acoustic duo works fine. 

sailedaway
Registered since

Jan 15, 2019

I have had very bad luck with the XVive and my 2 Bose S1's. Play Roland digital accordion and the XVive cracks and makes intermittent crackling and disturbing noises. Way too dangerous and inconsistent. Two of my colleagues have tried it and returned it. The company just replaced mine on warranty. Since the S1's do not daisy chain quietly and well, and I want the presence of two widely spread S1's - my solution was to use two receivers and one transmitter so that I could transmit to both Bose at once. That works well but the XVive's keep making these bad noises. My colleagues only use one set and one S1 and have had the same problem so it is not the dual transmission. Cannot recommend them. Trying Mefe now. Different frequencies and even half the price of the XVive. Reading this question with interest.

Ocheye
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 26, 2018

I use an AKG WMS40 Pro uhf Dual guitar bug and headset wireless mic (sadly discontinued). The results are excellent with all my Bose gear. Similar set ups are available from AKG but I'm not sure if they use the bug or a belt pack now.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--AKGWMS40DPTGB

The bug is great because I can switch it off to unplug if I swap guitar/mandolin or ukulele. No nasty pops or bangs! As I said earlier, if anyone can tell me how to convert the receiver to use a battery, I would be very interested to know.

Andy

Dave_6
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

After poor experiences with a couple of lower-end systems, I took the plunge and went for the Shure GLXD16E setup.  This includes a receiver unit with built-in tuner and a body pack for the guitar strap.  The battery is removable and rechargeable, so I am able to keep a spare ready charged, although one normally lasts for 3 or 4 gigs anyway.  The tuner/receiver unit has a foot switch for muting/tuning and sits permanently on my pedal board.  Both components are extremely rugged - they are made of metal - and the whole system has been 100% reliable.  I would recommend this system wholeheartedly - the overall quality and trouble-free operation is definitely worth the higher cost in the long run.

Dave.

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Wireless systems (guitar or mic) are much less reliable than a wire, always have a backup ready......

Sam_Spoons
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Depends on the wireless device. There are several that will run the receiver on batteries as well as the transmitter, have look at video mics which mostly do this. But most of the battery powered (RX and TX) guitar/vocal wireless devices are digital and will definitely introduce latency. It isn't usually a problem if you monitor on speakers but can be unusable if you use IEMs (which is why none of the 'semi pro' wireless IEM systems are digital).

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Ocheye,

Ocheye posted:

I use an AKG WMS40 Pro uhf Dual guitar bug and headset wireless mic (sadly discontinued). The results are excellent with all my Bose gear. Similar set ups are available from AKG but I'm not sure if they use the bug or a belt pack now.

https://www.zzounds.com/item--AKGWMS40DPTGB

The bug is great because I can switch it off to unplug if I swap guitar/mandolin or ukulele. No nasty pops or bangs! As I said earlier, if anyone can tell me how to convert the receiver to use a battery, I would be very interested to know.

Andy

Ideas - Not specific recommendations

It looks like you need a power source to replace this power supply. AKG part number 7801H00130
https://www.fullcompass.com/pr...-for-wms40-and-sr420

I don't have a specific recommendation for doing that, but this should give you some ideas.

It looks like you MAY be able to use a USB power pack

Portable Charger RAVPower 32000mAh Power Bank USB Battery Pack 3-Port Power Battery Pack High-Capaci...

with an adapter like this.

USB to 9v, 5v to 12v Step Up, DROK USB Cable 5V Boost to 9V 12V Voltage Converter 1A Step-up Volt Tr...

USB to 9v, 5v to 12v Step Up, DROK USB Cable 5V Boost to 9V 12V Voltage Converter 1A Step-up Volt Transformer DC Power Regulator Line with LED Display

NOTE: Precautions

• I haven't tried this.
  • I can't tell if the output of the USB battery pack is sufficient (amperage) for the AKG receiver
  • I can't tell if the output from the USB to 12-volt adapter if the polarity and plug size are appropriate.

ST

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Xvive U2 (and U3 for my mics). So far I have no complaints - they seem to work just fine for me (solo performer).