to the soundbar 700?
Thanks!
46 REPLIES 46
tippex
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2018

***Moved from New Product Announcement Post***

Looking at the manual that is online for the soundbar 700, it appears that it is compatible with my existing accoustimass 300 sub.  Is a wireless connection supported between these devices or would this be via the wired connection? 

mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

***Moved from New Product Announcement Post***

@Joel_D I am a little confused. On another thread someone asked whether their AM300 and invisibles would be compatible with the Soundbar 700 and you said yes, it’s backwards compatible.

am I missing something here, but isn’t that opposite to the information in here?

thank you

mattbuk
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2017

Is the Soundbar 700 family compatible with SoundTouch 300 family?

Hi,

Unless I am reading things wrong, I've read conflicting information from @Joel_D regarding compatibility.

On one thread I am reading the new Soundbar family isn't compatible with the SoundTouch family due to the new mesh network. However on another thread, I saw him say that the Soundbar 700 is backward compatible.

Therefore, what is the actual answer?

For example I have the SoundTouch 300 and Acoustimass 300. If I wanted to upgrade my SoundTouch 300 only to the new Soundbar 700. Would it work with my AM300 or would I have to replace both units? Alternatively, if I wanted to upgrade my AM300 with the Bass 700, would it work with my SoundTouch 300?

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Product Announcement: Bose Smart Speakers

Hello @mattbuk,

Thanks for asking about clarification.

Yes, the accessory speakers will work with both the SoundTouch 300 and Soundbar 700. This also means the new bass module and wireless rear channels will also work with the SoundTouch 300.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Joel

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Is the Soundbar 700 family compatible with SoundTouch 300 family?

Hi mattbuk,

The new Smart Home speakers are not compatible with SoundTouch products. They use two different apps for control. What I was specifying was the accessories for the soundbars as in the bass modules and wireless rear channels. 

For example, you decide to purchase the Soundbar 500 or 700, and you already have the SoundTouch 300 with the Acoustimass 300 and Virtually Invisible 300 accessories, you can use the Acoustimass 300 and Virtually Invisible 300 with the new soundbars. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Thats good to know. But in terms of sound quality, etc, is the

AM300 = BM700

ST300 = SB700

VI300 = New surround speakers 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I don't know the answer, but I doubt any part of the new systems sound any better than the Soundtouch 300 system.  I see absolutely no reason anyone would "upgrade" to the new system unless you just hate the Soundtouch software so much you're willing to pay for the new system, and that would only work if you don't own other Soundtouch devices you want to connect to.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi vandrew,

Great question!

Let me look into this for you and I will let you know as soon as I find out.

Regards,

Joel

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Product Announcement: Bose Smart Speakers

Hi Tippex,

Excellent question.  Both wireless and wired will be supported for the AM300 bass module and SoundBar 700.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support