Firmware 1.6.3 Announcement and discussion
Available today - November 15, 2017
There are two updates:
- Bose Hear app version 1.2.4 (Android devices only, not Apple)
- Hearphones firmware update 1.6.3
You need to install Bose Hear app version 1.2.2 (IOS) or 1.2.4 (Android) to update your Hearphones to firmware version 1.6.3.
For best results, please follow these steps to ensure your Hearphones stay connected to the phone or tablet running the Bose Hear app.
- Charge your Hearphones to 100% before you install updates
- Disconnect your Hearphones from the charger, make sure it is on, and place it beside your phone or tablet.
- Use the Bose Hear app Settings to set auto off to NEVER. You can put it back to your preferred setting after the update.
- Keep the Bose Hear app in the foreground on your phone or tablet. It's okay if it's running in the background but if you close it or force-quit this update will have to start over when you start the app again.
- Keep your Hearphones beside the phone or tablet during the update. This can take up to an hour in total. We're doing this to maintain a good connection. Otherwise, you could walk out of range or encounter interference that can break the connection and force the process to restart.
- Check back after an hour to see if the update has completed.
To get the latest version of Bose Hear, go to the App Store or Google Play and search for Bose Hear. Depending on the settings on your device, the Bose Hear app my update automatically. Otherwise, you must choose to install it.
When you open the updated Bose Hear app, it will automatically download firmware version 1.6.3. Once that is downloaded you can update your Hearphones.
Bose Hear App 1.2.4 has no visible changes, and it addresses only minor bugs.
- Optimized feedback monitoring.
- Fixes an audible pop that can be heard when music is stopped from a streaming device. This was more noticeable on android devices.
- Fixes an issue where the headset would not power off while charging.
- Fixes a rare situation where there could be no audio while on a phone call.
Please reply to this post if you have any question about these updates.