FreekH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Crackling sound in right ear when noise cancellation is turned on

My QC35 II headphones have recently started making a crackling sound in my right ear. It disappears when I turn off NC in the Bose app. I have the most recent version of the firmware installed. Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FreekH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Re: Crackling sound in right ear when noise cancellation is turned on

Author Accepted Answer selected by FreekH

My problems where occurring when using Bluetooth. I connected the headphones with the audio cable to my PC to try if the problem was Bluetooth related and afterwards the problems were gone. Also when Bluetooth connected, don;t really understand why... Great because these problems were persisting for a month. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Hello FreekH, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing this crackling sound with your QC35 II's. I'd be more than happy to help with this.

How are you connecting to your device? Through Bluetooth or the audio cable? Could you please try the alternative method and report back if the issue is consistent. Additionally, could you please test this with another device.

I would recommend resetting your headphones. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headphones and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headphones into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headphones

Let me know if there is any improvement.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

FreekH
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 23, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by FreekH

My problems where occurring when using Bluetooth. I connected the headphones with the audio cable to my PC to try if the problem was Bluetooth related and afterwards the problems were gone. Also when Bluetooth connected, don;t really understand why... Great because these problems were persisting for a month. Thanks!