Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 14, 2019

How To Factory Reset 700 NC Headphone?

Hey Bose Support,

How To Factory Reset 700 NC Headphone?

This is is by far worst Bose Hardware ever purchased in whole Bose hardware platform. How do I Factory Reset this darn headphone...

51 REPLIES 51
Highlighted

Re: How To Factory Reset 700 NC Headphone?

Hi Andywen, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your headphones and appreciate the feedback. 

There isn't a factory reset on the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, however you can perform a standard reset by: 

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Please update us on the result of this and if you are experiencing any issues please do let us know a little further detail. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

The factory reset didn't work. I tried it several times but without any success.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

I think the reset is no more than a reboot.

When I tried this as instructed by Bose, nothing appeared to change, no setting changed and all paired devices remained. 

It would be nice if it were more obvious that the reset worked, reset setting/pairing etc. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

I tried to do the steps explained by Hector B and now my headphones cant be turned on. Nothing happens. And of course I´ve put the headphones in the charger for an hour so it wouldnt be the reason that the battery was empty. The headphones just wont start now. 

Highlighted

Hi Jarrillo,

Welcome to the community, we thank you for taking the time to write in. I am so sorry to hear that your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 no longer appear to be powering on. 

What I would recommend is that you contact your regions Bose product support team for further assistance in regards to this. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will happily assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Same happened to me. Eventually after some time pushing every button randomly, it finally powered on.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

I also tried the reset procedure because the voice speaking in the headphones suddenly spoke slower and is not as comprehensible as it was at first ( happened after I configured Google assistant ) I could not reset the device with the procedure, the blue light doesn't blink. The procedure is not very explicit. Shoud the headphones be off or on starting it ? How long should we wait for the blue light to blink ? How can we confirm the device has successfully reset ? It's also a pity we cannot reset the device from the app.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Tried again and again could not power up the device. One workaround is to keep the power button pushed and then connect the usb c cable.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 11, 2019

Aslo struggling to reset the headphones. They are really not intuitive. The fact the instruction manual online that is 52 pages long is rediculous!