Andy_B
Community Manager

Bose Sport and QuietComfort Earbuds Firmware - 1.2.7 - January 12th, 2021

On January 12th, 2021, we are releasing a new firmware version for the Bose Sport Earbuds and the QuietComfort Earbuds. This update can be made through the Bose Music App and the Bose Updater Site.

Firmware Versions:
Bose Sport Earbuds & QuietComfort Earbuds: 1.2.7

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

You will have access to the following improvements after updating your Bose QuietComfort/Sport Earbuds software to version 1.2.7:

• Enhanced voice pick-up system to accommodate a wider range of earbud orientations for Sport Earbuds only
  • Optimized standby power manager to extend the battery life in various use cases
  • With the Xiaowei voice assistant on the Bose QuietComfort earbuds, you can now use your voice to control noise cancellation levels and activate transparency mode. This feature is only available in select locations, specifically China
  • General improvements and bug fixes that include, Bluetooth connection reliability, firmware update process when in low power, resolved some call transition issues, and made interoperability improvements
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
63 REPLIES 63
BogdanBla
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Re: Bose Sport and QuietComfort Earbuds Firmware - 1.2.7 - January 12th, 2021

Dear @Andy_B ,

it is nice to hear that you are working on the firmware of the Bose earbuds. I am updating now and i am hoping for a better experience.

But, i have to ask. We are complaining here for a lot of things, starting with the ANC levels, with controls, multipoint connection, and this update is containing Xiaowei voice assistant updates? 

I am stunned.

brianhelfrich
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2020

But at least they “made interoperability improvements” lol

Feb 12 update - this update has significantly increased the frequency of connection issues with my qc earbuds and iPhone 11.

Seriously, this is f_ucking garbage. Get your s_hit together.

Ardelio
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2020

Andy B. - I agree with you.  Improved controls and the ability to readily pause music, turn off ANC/Turn up Transparency in a single action (such as a single tap) is much needed!  But, as I understand it, multipoint connection will never happen due to hardware limitations and will have to be on the wish list for the next pair created.  

Utambing
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Like'sound sport free', I would like to be able to switch Bluetooth devices with one button. Currently, if I want to switch to another device, I turn on the device's app and tap Connect to switch. It takes very long and is uncomfortable. As with the update of the volume control function, I would like to put this function in touch.

aritra_pan
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Hi @Andy_B,

First of all, my earbuds were working just fine 20 mins back. And, then this automatic software updated started.

I updated my QuietComfort Earbuds with Firmware - 1.2.7 and now I hear high sound on my left ear-bud and low sound level on right ear-bud. I tried checking if you have added single ear-bud sound level management but couldn't find any. So, it is an irritating bug again.

I did some more research with Bose music app and found below:

1. If I am keeping my sound level from bose music app at middle (exact middle), then both ear-buds are throwing same level of sound.

2. If I slide the music level to left side to reduce volume level, then left ear-bud throwing more sound and right ear-bud sound getting lowered heavily.

3. If I slide the music level to right side to increase volume level, then left ear-bud loosing sound and right ear-bud throwing more sound.

This is irritating and I had to stop using ear-buds. Please work with a fix asap. I have not paid good  amount of money for this kind of silly software bugs.

Ansoncc
Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Finally it release the new firmware today!

I have used this QC earbuds around 1 Month .

However , some of issues still have to fix . Sometimes will lost sound quality when i open music apps such as  Joox , Spotify , sth like this .

Today , i have update the version 1.2.7 . 

The sound quality look like improve and it look like more clearly and loudy . I am not sure the reason is it improved by latest firmware. ANC good , better than before.

Anyway , Please keep update the firmeare ! ^^Thanks

aritra_pan
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2020

Wao @Andy_B so you simply marked my question as spam and removed it. Well played. I have done a mistake purchasing Bose products.

kevin8230_
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

I am so far very satisfied with my Bose QC Earbuds mainly because of the  excellent noise cancelling and the sound quality. However I would like some extra features, like being able to skip to the previous track and a Conversation Mode which simultaneously pauses the music and activate Transparency. Can you please add these features sometime.

cgg074
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

@Andy_B 

No EQ????? Why????? In the next firmware, please add the same EQ as in the NC 700. 

And also please add previous song skip feature.

Thanks!