ilovemypinktutu
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

QC earbuds losing sound and imbalance left-right

I have reset them and checked the firmware is up to date. I have also rebooted iMac.

About half of the time I'm on Zoom, after 20-ish minute in, QC just stop working. It all of a sudden loses sound. I have to turn off and turn it back on to make it work. 

Another problem is that sometimes it increases left volume so much that it throws me off. I thought it could be music or someone speaking to one side of the mic but it happens almost everyday. I checked the "balance" in Sound in the system and it doesn't even show the option of adjusting balance but I clearly experience that left volume gets large from time to time.

Also, it cuts in and out quite often. I really want to keep QC earbuds but it just keeps having issues after issues. Can you please update firmware or work with Zoom (or IOS) to make it work smoothly?

10 REPLIES 10
Sam_F

Re: QC earbuds losing sound and imbalance left-right

Hey ilovemypinktutu,

I'm sorry to learn you're encountering issues with losing audio on your new QC Earbuds. Are you only using the earbuds with your iMac?

Do you experience these issues with random volume increase for one side when connecting the buds to a different device and streaming audio? Also, be sure to keep within the wireless Bluetooth range of 33ft to ensure strong connection and no audio cut out.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Cam B.
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I'm having the same issue.  When I'm just talking on the phone, sitting... more often than not, the earbuds would just lose connection or the sound would go in and out of either earbud.  It happened just about an hour ago.  Earbuds were fully charged, made a phone call, was talking for about 10 minutes, and the left earbud went in and out twice, then the left earbud went in and out, almost like they were competing with each other.  Then they both went out for a few seconds and then they came back to life.

Jessie_O

Hey Cam B. 

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. 

Have you tried updating the firmware? I have included a LINK HERE which includes the instructions on how to do this.

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Cronch240
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

QC Quiet Comfort Earbuds Issue Left Side Gets Loud

The left ear bud keeps turning its volume really loud from time to time. It seems like it's amplifying the outside noise on that side every few seconds, like transparency mode but more higher then 0.

I have reset the earbuds pressing the case for more than 30 seconds, and pair again only 1 device. and the problem persists, no matter if I connect to iPad, iPhone 8, MacBook Pro , IMAC. problem appear from time to time .

This is a problem of the hardware itself? or software?. does anyone have the same problem?. did someone solved this problem?.

Bose product name

Quiet Comfort Earbuds

Country

Japan

Firmware Version

1.0.7-9846+620b71c

App Version

Keith_L

Re: QC Quiet Comfort Earbuds Issue Left Side Gets Loud

Hi Cronch420,

Have you tried the troubleshooting posted in this thread already? If not I would highly recommend that you do as I'm sure it will help with your earbuds!

Let me know how you get on!

Cronch240
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Dear Keith_L

I have tried to reset the earbuds, update the firmware as I see in my app. the last firmware I have is 

1.0.7-9846+620b71c, I think is the last at this time,

I reset the earbuds follow the instructions of this link https://www.bose.com.au/en_au/support/articles/HC2563/productCodes/qc_earbuds/article.html

however even I reset the earbuds and before i pair the earbuds to any device after a few seconds  (less than 1 minute) the left earbuds get loud and is like the microphone is amplify a level higher than the transparency mode. its really stressful. 

Do you have any advice?

or if you need any information to help me with this problem.

Best regards

Best regards

Hector_B

Hey Cronch240, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! Sorry to hear that the steps you have performed haven't resolved this strange issue for you. 

As the issue still persists I would recommend reaching out to your regional customer support team here, to explore further service options for your headset.

Sorry that this wasn't something we could resolve via the Community. 

Cronch240
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Dear @Hector_B 

Thanks you for your advice , Today I bring the earbuds to the shop were I bought it, they will sent it to Bose to verify. It will take around 1 Month.

Blyton
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2020

audio cut off

Bose product name  QC Earbuds

Country Singapore

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.) Latest updated firmware on app store

App Version Same as the above

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) Samsung note 20 ultra 5g

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce Audio cut off on the left side followed by the right side, then settling on playing both sides when playing media.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) Anywhere(public transport, home, quiet environment)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 1 day after i bought the product.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Resetting the earbuds and restarting my devices and it doesn't rectify the problem stated.