Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"
Hi Every one,
I will go straight with this one. I am like lots of the Soundsport free owners who has a problems and hard time to connect their earbuds with their computers/laptops.
I tried all the options available in this forum and everywhere else in the internet, but I was unlucky to find the proper solution and couldn’t manage to connect my buds to my Alienware m18x or my custom build computer (Asus Rampage V10 Mother Board).
Here is what it works with me:
- Windows 10 PRO 64bit (Ver. 1709 – OS Build 16299.371)
- Bose Soundsport free – Blue Color (January 2018 Release – March Firmware)
- Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth (Bcbtums – 07/14/2015 – Ver. 126.96.36.1999)
1- FROM YOUR COMPUTER/LAPTOP:
- Be sure that your buds are switch off or keep them in their charger box.
- Go to Bluetooth menu, buy press the Right click over the Bluetooth icon in the taskbar and choose (Open setting).
- Check under the Audio section if you can see your buds. Remove the device (Bose soundsport free/ or whatever you name it) which paired with your computer.
- From the device manager, remove any things related to the Bose soundsport free buds. If you tried to connect your buds to your computer you should see 1 or 2 drivers under Bluetooth section. Uninstall it. Please note, that if you rename your buds in the BOSE CONNECT APP, you should see the drivers under that name. You also may not see any drivers since your already delete the paired buds from the Bluetooth menu.
2- FROM YOUR SMART DEVICE:
- You need to make sure that your buds are connected successfully to your smart device. Also, double check that BOSE connect app can find your buds.
- If you have trouble connecting your buds to your smart device, try to remove the buds from the Bluetooth menu (Forget this device in IOS).
- Make sure bose connect app is killed from the background.
- Make sure your smart device Bluetooth is switch on.
- Your buds should be in their charging box at this point.
- Open bose connect app, then take out your buds from their charging box.
- Drag down to connect, select your buds from the menu (Select an accessory). Your buds should be connected successfully to your smart device.
- Press over the GEAR on the top right of bose connect app.
- Press over connection.
- You will see you buds in the top. Switch of you buds and confirm the disconnect.
- Close and Kill bose connect app.
- On your left bud, press 10 second until you hear the sound (Bluetooth devices cleared).
3- Back to your computer/laptop:
- Repeat the second step from number 1 step.
- Click over the + (Add Bluetooth or other device).
- Choose the kind of your device, you should press over Bluetooth.
- Wait until you see your bose soundsport buds under the list. Then select it.
- Wait for a minute until Windows finish downloading/installing the necessary drivers.
- You can see now under the Bluetooth menu in the audio section, that you bose soundsport free is connected to your computer under the description (Connected Voice, Music).
Your Bose soundsports free buds are connected 100% with no issue to your computer/laptop.
Don’t forget to increase the volume up, since after these steps the sound will be at 50%.
If you lose the connection between your buds and computer/laptop, you need to repeat each and every step above. Also (But I didn’t try it yet) you need to repeat all those steps even if you connect your buds to your smart device.
Also, don’t forget to remove the old connection always from your smart device Bluetooth menu, if you find troubles to connect it to bose connect app. (Check the second step from number 2 step).
If you have any other problems I will be more than happy to help as much as I know. I spend more than 3 days trying to figure this out, even BOSE them self they don’t know this solution.