Bose Soundbar 700 not able to pair remote to soundbar

SOLVED
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Bose Soundbar 700 not able to pair remote to soundbar

Any suggestions on this? The remote currently won’t control anything including the soundbar. Following the pairing instructions in the app the remote just blinks between the music symbol, tv symbol and Bluetooth signal and in the app it says it can’t find the remote. Any options? I’m currently having to control it from the app.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJoel_D

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundbar 700 not able to pair remote to soundbar

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to test out the new systems and reach out to us for help!  I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the remote pairing, but I'd be glad to assist.

When initially setting up the systems, were they connected to the network and updated?

If so, can we try these steps of clearing the memory of the remote and trying again?  Here are the steps:

• On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  • In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon 
     in the upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner.
  • Select Settings.
  • Under the Universal Remote heading, select Advanced then select Pair New Remote. The soundbar will begin searching for the remote.
  • A battery will need to be removed and reinserted into the remote.
  • Once the remote is found, tap the Continue to complete the pairing process.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

87 REPLIES 87
Audible Advocate

I'm having the same issue.... soundbar doesn't play sounds from the TV using the ARC HDMI connection.  Works great for music from spotify and Alexa though. 

Silent Starter

I am having the same problem.  tried both BoseMusic app and Hard pairing without Alexa activate per trouble shooting manual and still no help.  Any suggestion?

Community Manager

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to test out the new systems and reach out to us for help!  I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the remote pairing, but I'd be glad to assist.

When initially setting up the systems, were they connected to the network and updated?

If so, can we try these steps of clearing the memory of the remote and trying again?  Here are the steps:

• On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  • In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon 
     in the upper-left corner, select the soundbar, then tap the image of the soundbar shown in the bottom-right corner.
  • Select Settings.
  • Under the Universal Remote heading, select Advanced then select Pair New Remote. The soundbar will begin searching for the remote.
  • A battery will need to be removed and reinserted into the remote.
  • Once the remote is found, tap the Continue to complete the pairing process.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

It's a Sony Bravia X900E.  For further clarity, the HDMI is recognized and visuals (instructing us to install the app) are displayed on the screen there is just no sound coming through (from either the HDMI ARC or the optical cable) 

Looks like the remote cache clearing did not allow the bar and the remote to pair, but the controller is now flashing all six instead source buttons instead of cycling through the 3 sequentially.  So, progress I hope. 

I appreciate the help tony! 

Community Manager

Hi endicott.dave@gmail.com

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, it does sound like we're making process as this indicates that the remote is now searching for the Soundbar 700 to complete the pairing.  Can we try and unplug power from the Soundbar 700 and remove the batteries from the remote for 30 seconds?  From here, let's reconnect power and open the Bose Music app.  Once this is open, we should be able to go to the settings of the Soundbar 700 and pair the remote again.  

Regarding the audio issue, this makes sense for now as the remote needs to switch to the TV source for the Soundbar 700 to get audio from the Sony TV. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

Thanks Tony,

This worked for me to get the remote paired to the soundbar. I had the same initial results with removing the batteries for five minutes, but the final method here worked for me.
Audible Advocate

I had the same issue and doing Tommy’s suggestion it got fixed. Thanks.
Silent Starter

Thank you Tony!!! Writing from Poland here, we just bought a new Soundbar 700 today and the remote started having issues after 30 mins with these 3 lights flashing. Thanks to your comments we fixed the issue!!! You're a star 😊
Quiet Contributor

I am having the same problem as other people, where my remote would not pair with the soundbar.

When I first set up the soundbar with my iPhone, it updated the soundbar.  But then the remote started blinking the 3 buttons in an alternating pattern whenever I would push a button (music, TV, bluetooth).  I tried to pair my remote using the Bose Music App (Settings -> Universal Remote -> Sources -> Set Up Now).  But whenever I pushed the "Set Up Now" button, it didn't seem to do anything.  The button would turn grey for half a second but then it would turn white again.

After reading Tony's post, I tried the method of holding the "Volume -" and "Left arrow" buttons for 5 seconds.  Now my remote showed two rows of buttons (six buttons total) lit up and blinking at the same time.  I went back to the Bose app and tried the "Set Up Now" button again.  It still flickered grey for half a second and othewise seemed to do nothing.  But my remote was working.  So that seemed to do the trick.